1. Snack Media Limited, 70 Rosebery Avenue, London EC1R 4RR is the Host of the GiveMeSport Fans’ Awards (the “Awards” and any specific award, an “Award”) and is also the Promotor of any associated Competitions. For the avoidance of doubt not every Award will have an associated Competition.
2. You are deemed to have accepted, and agreed to be bound by, these Terms and Conditions by voting in the Awards as outlined below.
3. The decision of Snack Media regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and binding (including as to the award of the Prize) and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
4. The Awards will cover a variety of sports and can consist of regular weekly, monthly and annual polls as well as event specific Awards (e.g. The Rugby Autumn Series Awards) and single ‘spot’ Awards (e.g. An Grassroots Unsung Hero Award).
5. To enter the Competitions, you must vote for the related Award via the Official GMS voting page or widget.
6. The voting page/widget is designed so that only one vote per Award is permitted per device/email address.
7. The Competitions will be free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
8. In entering any Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize that you may win – in doing so, you must be able to travel freely around the UK at your own cost. No prize includes reimbursement and/or full or contributed payment for travel, accommodation, or sustenance. Snack Media may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition (including proof of residency).
9. Snack Media accepts no responsibility for Competition entries that are not successfully completed, regardless of cause, including (without limitation) due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure, of any kind.
10. Where applicable the Competition Prize will be chosen by the Hosts via a random draw within one week of the completion of the Competition. The Prize will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Hosts who retain the right to alter the prize at any time for any reason. No cash alternative will be available and the Prize is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. The winning entrant will be contacted (as soon as reasonably practicable after the completion of the Competition prize draw) using the email address provided on entry into the Competition.
11. Snack Media will send the name and county of the winner to anyone who writes within one month after the closing date of the Competition requesting details of the winner and who encloses a self addressed envelope to Snack Media’s registered office.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
12. Neither the Host nor any of their affiliates, agents, employees, officers, directors or representatives will be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of your access to the Award hub/site, the organising or holding of the Competition or your participation in the Competition or as a result of the Winner winning, collecting, use or enjoyment of any prize, or if the Competition does not run as planned. Competition entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
13. The Host will use reasonable endeavours to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the Award site/widget, but do not guarantee this. The Hosts accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay. For the avoidance of doubt the Hosts will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to the Award or Competition content or any part of it. You may be able to access other sites via links from the Award site/widget. These sites are not under the Hosts control and the Hosts are not responsible in any way for any of their contents. The Hosts give no warranties of any kind concerning the Award site/widget or the Award content. In particular, the Hosts do not warrant that the Award site/widget or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as the Hosts accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
14. If the Competition or any part of it is not capable of running or being completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to reasons of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Host, Snack Media reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and no liability shall attach to the Hosts as a result thereof.
15. Snack Media can change these terms and conditions at its discretion and without incurring liability as a result.
16 The Host does not accept any responsibility for failure by any winner(s) to claim their prize.
ENTRANTS’ PERSONAL DATA
17. Snack Media will collect your email address when you enter the Competition. Snack Media may also utilise cookies and data tracking tools to monitor your usage of the Award site/widget. Snack Media will use reasonable endeavours to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means Snack Media will make sure that they have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information; and make sure that when they ask another organisation to provide a service for them, they also have appropriate security measures in place. Your personal data will not be transferred out of the European Economic Area (EEA) without your consent.
18. Personal data supplied by entrants during the course of the Competition will be used by Snack Media for the purpose of operating the Competition and performing their obligations under these Terms and Conditions. This will include sharing such personal data third-party suppliers solely for the purpose of those third parties delivering the prizes or otherwise in connection with the operation of the Competition. The Host may also email you occasionally with information or questions about your entry into the Competition and other related requests.
19. The Host may also release your personal data to comply with relevant laws and government requests.
20. The Host may also use your personal data to provide you with marketing emails relevant to them. This will only be done with your consent. The Hosts may also supply your personal data to selected third parties with your consent.
21. The Award site/widget may utilise plug-ins from other organisations (such as the ‘Facebook Recommend’ function). These other organisations may use information about your visit to the Award site/widget on their pages. If you continue to use their platforms after sharing any content from the Award site/widget, information they collect may be connected to your account on their platform. For more information on how these organisations use information, please read their privacy policies.
22. The Winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the Competition and you agree that Snack Media has the right to use the name, image, and town and county of residence of the winner in any media for such promotional purposes. Snack Media may also sub-licence such right to other relevant third parties on the same basis.
22. By entering the Competition, you consent to the processing of your personal data by the Host in accordance with these terms and conditions. Entrants have the right to receive a copy of the personal data that the Host hold about them and to correct any inaccuracies. Where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular if they are repetitive, you can:
• charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information; or
• refuse to respond.
23. Snack Media reserves the right to refuse entry to the Competition, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions or to anyone, who in the Snack Media’s sole opinion, has otherwise acted improperly or dishonestly.
24. Snack Media reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Competition for whatever reason where it becomes necessary to do so.
25. The Competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the Competition submit to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the English courts